Class Hours: 12:30 pm – 2:10 pm (Monday/Wednesday)
Google Classroom Code: ubjromq
Week 5 (02/01-02/05)
Topic: Membrane Transport and Cell Signaling (Chapter 5)
Standard: Big Idea 4. Biological Systems interact, and these systems and their interactions possess complex properties
Objectives (Students will be able to understand that):
- Cellular membranes are fluid mosaics of lipids and proteins.
- Membrane structure results in selective permeability.
- Passive transport is diffusion of a substance across a membrane with no energy investment.
- Active transport uses energy to move solutes against their gradients.
- Bulk transport across the plasma membrane occurs by exocytosis and endocytosis.
- The plasma membrane plays a key role in most cell signaling.
Homework: Complete the Scientific Skills Exercise
Homework 2: Complete the FRQs for Unit 4 on the College Board site
Homework 3: Complete the MCQ for sections 4.5-4.7 on the College Board site