Class Hours: 12:30 pm – 2:10 pm (Monday/Wednesday)
Google Classroom Code: ubjromq
Week 1 (08/24 – 08/27)
Topic: Chemistry of Life
Objectives (Students will be able to understand that):
- Biology is the study of all living things.
- There are 6 themes that unify the study of biology.
- The cell is the basic unit of structure and function.
- Unicellular organisms are made up of one cell, whereas multicellular organisms are made up of more than one cell.
- Homeostasis is the state of internal stability.
- DNA is a large molecule containing the hereditary material of a cell.
- Unicellular organisms typically produce offspring identical to themselves via asexual reproduction.
- Multicellular organisms typically produce distinct offspring via sexual reproduction.
- Genes are short segments of DNA that carry the instructions for a single trait of an organism.