Class Hours for Period 7: 12:30 pm – 2:10 pm (Tuesday/Thursday)
Google Classroom Code for Period 7: edo4qk7
Class Hours for Period 8: 2:20 am – 4:00 pm (Tuesday/Thursday)
Google Classroom Code for Period 8: owko3a6
Class Code for Online Textbook: 49OUP0Xz
Week 1 (08/24 – 08/27)
- Biology is the study of all living things.
- There are 6 themes that unify the study of biology.
- The cell is the basic unit of structure and function.
- Unicellular organisms are made up of one cell, whereas multicellular organisms are made up of more than one cell.
- Homeostasis is the state of internal stability.
- DNA is a large molecule containing the hereditary material of a cell.
- Unicellular organisms typically produce offspring identical to themselves via asexual reproduction.
- Multicellular organisms typically produce distinct offspring via sexual reproduction.
- Genes are short segments of DNA that carry the instructions for a single trait of an organism.