Class Hours: 12:15 pm – 1:10 pm (Monday-Wednesday), 12:30 pm – 1:20 pm (Thursday)
Class Code: mdg7mso
(08/16 TO 08/27)
Topic: THE UNIFYING THEMES OF BIOLOGY
Standard: HS-LS1-2, HS-LS2-2, HS-LS2-7 (Unifying Themes of Biology)
- Join and become familiar with Google Classroom
- Explore Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Sign out and receive text books
- Learn how to upload an assignment to Google Classroom
- Student Handbook: Redos
- Website link
Objectives (Students will be able to understand that):
- Biology is the study of all living things.
- There are 6 themes that unify the study of biology.
- The cell is the basic unit of structure and function.
- Unicellular organisms are made up of one cell, whereas multicellular organisms are made up of more than one cell.
- Homeostasis is the state of internal stability.
- DNA is a large molecule containing the hereditary material of a cell.
- Unicellular organisms typically produce offspring identical to themselves via asexual reproduction.
- Multicellular organisms typically produce distinct offspring via sexual reproduction.
- Genes are short segments of DNA that carry the instructions for a single trait of an organism.