There are many definitions for what being globally competent means. However, a concise list of the attributes has been developed by the Longview Foundation that articulates 4 indicators of globally competent students.
- Investigate the world,
- Recognize their own perspectives and that of others,
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences,
- Take action on global issues.
Are you a globally competent educator? Are you including content in your lessons that reflect the changing environment that our students are facing and will face in the future? Here are a few tools that will help you determine if you are encouraging global competence in your classroom. The e-book, Educating for Global Competence: Preparing Our Youth to Engage the World, is recommended for all Takoma Academy educators and administrators.
- Educating for Global Competence: Preparing Our Youth to Engage the World
- The PISA Global Competence Questionairre.
- The Global Competence Readiness Index for Schools
Additional Global Competency Sites and Resources